Recruitment system has a special place in pharmaceutical companies, since nowadays the correct selection of staff is one of the key elements for effective activities of pharmaceutical companies in the market. Recruitment for the pharmaceutical companies is associated with the general concept of standards of GMP (good manufacturing practices) applied in this area. GMP standard requirements define specific requirements for the qualitative characteristics and competencies of staff in this industry.
Company uses a set of methods for recruiting. Its HR department has developed a specific algorithm of staff recruitment:
- Recruitment process begins with “initiation” of job vacancy by head of the office or another executive. This procedure is formalized: the initiator fills application form and together with HR manager analyzes the job position, to determine what requirements must have the candidates. After signing the job description for the vacant position and requirements for the candidates, the vacancy is considered open.
- The process of search and selection in the “Heel company” is carried out directly, without intermediaries. This method provides a direct contact with candidates.
- Posting of vacancies for those who are in search of work: in company’s website, magazines, Internet sites, etc. There are many specialized web sites to feed ads from employers. Also, at this stage it is necessary to ensure potential candidates all additional information.
- The process of receiving applications and sorting profiles of vacant places.
- Pre-selection of applications and resumes.
- Pre-selection on the phone. The objective of this stage is to gather additional information about competences of candidates and if their knowledge and skills fit the vacancy. This should help in determining which candidates will come to the next stage (interview).
- Conducting interviews with pre-selected candidates. At this stage candidates pass formal interviews, tests and other assessment activities.
- The final interview. The purpose of this stage is to ensure that selected candidate really meet all the requirements, after that he receives a job offer.
- The process of drawing up proposals for the work and communication process with the candidate. The objective of this phase is to minimize the risks for which the candidate refuses to accept the job offer (because the proposals of competitors or certain job details).
- The adaptation process, which is necessary to ensure new employee with all the resources and information about the new job.
- Feedback and monitoring of new employee. The objective of this phase is to assess the performance of new employee, to confirm or justify his hiring.
This scheme of recruiting in the company has some drawbacks. Losses from improper organization of the process of recruiting is not always calculated in dollars (which, of course, brings the most damage), most often they are calculated in terms of lost opportunity of hiring the best candidates for the organization. Effective solution to these problems may be help of the experts, that is, recruiting companies which provide recruitment services.
In conclusion it is necessary to say that recruitment is a strategic objective. Proper selection of specialists, who will work at the company’s development, is critical for “Heel” company. Planning and optimization of the recruitment will not only increase productivity, but will also create a recruiting machine, which will lead the company to a completely different level of development.
Dakota Alex. (2005). The Recruiters Guide Book to Corporate Recruiting, Contract Recruiting, Agency Recruiting, Headhunting, Diversity Recruiting, College Recruiting, Sourcing and Interviewing Candidates. Fable Press
Diane A. (2001).The Employee Recruitment and Retention Handbook. AMACOM
Diane A. (2006).Recruiting, interviewing, selecting & orienting new employees. AMACOM