In this essay I would like to consider latest Motorola Inc. product – smartphone Motorola Droid X. To begin with it should be noted that the smartphone is based on dual-core platform with NVIDIA Tegra 2 and has 1 GHz productivity and 512 MB of RAM. The model has a 4.4-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 960540 pixels, as well as 8-megapixel camera. The device is run on latest Android operating system version 2.2.
It can be said that smartphone Motorola Droid X is an exclusive model for the U.S. market operator Verizon. Sales of this smartphone in the U.S. started July 15, 2010. It can be said that Droid X has some unique technologies, for example on the keyboard you can enter text, even when you hold another finger on the key. If you entered a letter “S” by your left hand and without lifting a finger with this letter, you can continue typing any text by your right hand. For a simple keypad there is no any advantage but in case of Droid X keyboard it allows to type much faster, as stated in Motorola Droid X Cell Phone Review.
It should be noted that Droid X release for Motorola is not so important from the side of sales, but from the side of demonstration of power. The company has shown that gradually goes to the level, when it can afford itself to create and release something very powerful and expensive. It is obvious that the Droid X is not a smartphone for mass sales, it is a device whereby Motorola is expresses its advantages, uniqueness and shows that are on a par with HTC and Samsung, which have in their rulers the flagman’s devices of the same level.
It is stated that at the beginning of sales Motorola Droid X has few accessories, among them: multimedia station and car mount. These devices allow users to use 4.4″ Droid X screen as a good replacement for an ordinary navigator and mount in a car here can be very useful.
It is believed that such final characteristics of the Motorola Droid X will provide principally new era of Motorola innovations. They include:
- Operating System: Android 2.2 + interface MotoBlur.
- Network: CDMA 900/1800 EV-DO.
- Processor: 1 GHz on a platform of TI OMAP.
- Operation memory: 512 MB.
- Memory for program storage: 8 GB + memory card slot microSD (card bundled in the 16 GB cards are supported up to 32 GB).
- Interfaces: Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g) with the functions of an access point (like in HTC HD2), Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR, HDMI, micro-USB. 3.5 mm headphone jack.
- Screen: Capacitive TFT, 4.4″ with a resolution 960540 pixels (FWVGA).
- Camera: 8 megapixel with autofocus and flash of the two LEDs, video recording in HD-quality (30 frames per second).
- Navigation: GPS with support for A-GPS, Google Maps Navigation software for navigation.
- Optional: Support DLNA, accelerometer, light sensor, sensor approach, electronic compass.
- Soft: preset keyboard Swype with simultaneous two-handed text input (multi-touch keyboard).
- Battery: Li-Ion 1540 mAh.
- Dimensions: 127,5 x 65,5 x 9,9 mm.
- Weight: 155 grams, as described in Droid X by Motorola.
To sum it up it can be said that Motorola Droid X externally and internally is a strong and powerful android smartphone, with which not everyone decides to compete. At this time, the product of the American concern has become even better, more productive and allows the owner fully enjoy multimedia filling model. The unit is hard to imagine as a mass-selling model. But you can be sure that many people will truly dream about this smartphone and cherish in heart hope to get it someday.
Alan Ng. 2010. Motorola Droid X: Android 2.2 Froyo Update – Verizon Testing. 7 March 2011. <http://www.product-reviews.net/2010/09/01/motorola-droid-x-android-2-2-froyo-update-verizon-testing/>
Droid X by Motorola. 2011. 7 March 2011. <http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Consumer-Product-and-Services/Mobile-Phones/Motorola-DROID-X-US-EN?localeId=33>
Sandy Berger. 2010. Motorola Droid X Cell Phone Review. 7 March 2011. <http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Motorola-Droid-X-Cell-Phone-Review/1051>